Product Type: HANDHELD UNIT
Quality of Build
Value For Money
Ease of Use
What We Like
What We Don't Like
The Innove 6100P is an excellent scanner for the amateur mechanic. You can easily find and deal with a variety of different codes. The easy-to-read display and easy-to-use menu makes navigation a breeze, and easily lets you take find and reset a variety of errors and codes. With the Innova 6100P in your toolbox, you can handle just about anything your automobile throws at you!
INNOVA 6100P Review
- Review body
- PRODUCT IMAGES
- pros & cons
Look and Feel
- Large color display is easy to read.
- A variety of menu buttons make it a cinch to navigate through the various options and features.
- An easy-to-grip handle makes it easy to hold and handle.
- The user-friendly menu design makes it very easy to find your way around.
- Hotkeys let you access various features quickly.
- Three status LEDs let you know quickly when there is a problem or concern.
- Compatible with almost all OBDII vehicles.
- Also compatible with ABS and SRS systems.
- Draws power from either the vehicle itself or AA batteries.
- Easily connects to your PC to help sort through information.
- Connects to your phone via Bluetooth provided you have downloaded the RepairSolutions app.
- Can store up to three different vehicles at once.
- As stated above, connects with your phone via Bluetooth (you must have the RepairSolutions app).
- Can read and reset various ABS (Automatic Braking System) codes.
- Also reads and resets SRS (airbag) codes.
- Can retrieve freeze frame data on all applicable vehicle systems to help you see the specific engine conditions at any given time -- this helps you determine what could have gone wrong in a malfunction.
- Reset your check engine light.
- Reset your oil light with easy-to-follow directions.
- Connect to your PC via USB cable (not included) to download and understand various code information.
- Checks batteries, charging and electrical information on vehicles including cars, SUVs, light trucks and minivans.
Manufacturer's site: https://www.innova.com/
User's manual: Click Here
Frequently Asked Questions:
What makes and models does the INNOVA 6100P work on?
While Innova does not provide a definitive list of compatible vehicles, you can easily check your vehicle’s compatibility by going to their compatibility checker at https://www.innova.com/coverage.
Does this reset the airbag light?
Does it come with internal batteries?
No. Power the Innova 6100p via AA batteries or by drawing vehicle power.
Can it link to a Mac computer?
Does it program keys?
Does it come with bidirectional function?
Does it have a battery backup to retain the codes once unplugged from the car?
Does it read individual abs wheel sensor faults?
Does it show live data?
Does this scanner allow you to check system readiness / status of tests?
In conclusion, the Innova 6100p is an excellent entry-level scanner for the budding or amateur mechanic. You can easily hook it to just about any vehicle and read OBDII, ABS and SRS codes.
Reset various lights and get freeze frame data to help you find, diagnose and fix problems. The easy-to-use display makes it easy to find what you’re looking for, and various features such as hotkeys and included directions make it easy to perform.
All in all, this is a solid entry in the world of code readers and scanners, and well worth the price.