Quality of Build
Value For Money
Ease of Use
What We Like
What We Don't Like
The Innova 5030 represents a step up in the do-it-yourself scanning arsenal. More than just an amature tool but not quite ready for the big time, this tool fits comfortably in the middle somewhere in between. It does everything you would expect from your basic scanner -- OBDII codes, etc. -- but also attempts (and sometimes) succeeds in handling bigger tasks like ABS diagnostics. It’s not perfect by any means, but for those ready to take their garage game to the next level, the Innova 5030 is a step in the right direction.
Innova 5030 Review
- Review body
- pros & cons
Look and Feel
- Neatly fits in your hand, and is contoured to be easy to firmly grasp.
- Built rugged -- this can withstand multiple drops, bangs and hits.
- LCD display is large and easy to see, but monochrome.
- Display can be cluttered at times; it takes a while to get used to reading this and finding the information you need.
- Easy navigation buttons on the bottom make it a breeze to get where you need to.
- Connects with virtually all OBDII vehicles -- including cars, SUVs, minivans and light trucks -- built 1996 or later.
- Does not connect with or read OBDI codes.
- Plugs right in to your vehicle with the attached cable.
- Reads and resets all OBDII codes for most American, European andAsian models.
- Reads and resets ABS codes for most American, European andAsian models.
- Reads and resets SRS codes for most American, European andAsian models.
- Includes a prioritizing function which allows you to determine the severity of each code. This lets you make decisions on which problems to deal with first.
- Check your emissions status by the convenient red-yellow-green LED display to determine if you can pass your local emissions tests.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes and models does the Innova 3030h work on?
Works with most 1996 and later vehicles, including Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, GM, Ford, Daewoo, Mitsubishi, Kia and Volkswagen.
Does this reset the airbag light?
Does it come with internal batteries?
Can it link to a Mac computer?
Does it program keys?
Does it come with bidirectional function?
Does it work without a computer?
Does it read individual abs wheel sensor faults?
Does it clear trouble codes?
Does it show live data?
The Innova 5030 is more than your basic do-it-yourself scanner. With all of the amateur features you would expect, plus some professional-grade options thrown in to boot, you can do a lot more with this scanner than those of a comparable price.
The clunkiness of the LCD display is a setback that you can work around, and you’ll find yourself happy with the features packed into this scanner.