Quality of Build
Value For Money
Ease of Use
What We Like
What We Don't Like
The Innova 3030h is a well-designed scanner for amatuer mechanics and DIY enthusiasts. It is an extremely easy to use scanner that packs quite a few features into it small, sturdy frame. The 2.8-inch display is easy to read, and the buttons and menu options make navigation a snap.
While it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of more professional-grade scanners out there, what it does is perfect for home mechanics who just want to work on their own ride.
Innova 3030h Review
- Review body
- PRODUCT IMAGES
- pros & cons
Look and Feel
- Well-built sturdy construction lasts for a long time even under harsh conditions.
- Easy-to-grip handle.
- Large, 2.8-inch color display is easy to see and read.
- Easy navigation with menu options and navigation buttons.
- Attractive design makes this scanner a pleasure to use
- Connects to and is compatible with MOST OBDII vehicles (1996 or after).
- Does not come with a published list of compatible vehicles, but you can check the compatibility of your make and model here: https://www.innova.com/coverage.
- Easily connects to your vehicle with supplied connector cable.
- Connects to PC via USB cable, enabling free software updates and upgrades for life.
- Compatible with most Microsoft operating systems.
- Handles most basic scanner functions you would expect.
- Reads and clears engine codes.
- Can read and clear ABS codes on certain models (although the compatibility checker is unreliable at determining which ones will work for this function).
- Offers freeze frame data, and continuously refreshes every 30 seconds to provide up-to-the-minute information about engine performance.
- Checks and monitors emissions with red, yellow and green LED indicator lights.
- Has a “DTC” severity indicator to let you know how critical a specific code is.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes and models does the Innova 3030h work on?
Works on almost all makes and models manufactured from 1996 or after, including Honda, Toyota, Sonoma, Hyundai, Mercedes, Pontiac and Mazda. For a check on a specific vehicle, go to https://www.innova.com/coverage.
Does this reset the airbag light?
Does it come with internal batteries?
Can it link to a Mac computer?
What versions of windows is this compatible with?
Most MS operating systems
Does it program keys?
Does it work without a computer?
Yes -- although not all functions (such as updating) will work without a computer.
Does it read individual abs wheel sensor faults?
On some makes and models.
Does this tool have the lifetime updates on it?
Does it clear trouble codes?
Does it show live data?
No -- but it does refresh every 30 seconds.
Does this scanner have the ability to bleed the ABS brake control module?
In conclusion, the Innova 3030h is a well-built inexpensive scanner for the do-it-yourself mechanic. While it certainly doesn’t have all the functions of a professional-grade model, the 3030h can easily help you with most of your automobile questions, helping you diagnose and fix what needs to be fixed, saving you thousands of dollars in the process.