Quality of Build
Value For Money
Ease of Use
What We Like
What We Don't Like
The Foxwell NT520 is a handy diagnostic tool that was built specifically to help BMW owners and mechanics to monitor performance, diagnose problems and fix many different issues and functions.
This is a great tool to have, and with free software updates it works on a variety of vehicles, not just BMWs.
Since it’s priced lower than many other scanners on the market, this is a great way to work on your vehicle and save money doing it!
FOXWELL NT520 Review
- Review body
- PRODUCT IMAGES
- pros & cons
Look and Feel
- The Foxwell NT520 is built to be strong and durable.
- It has rubber padding along its outside, which helps to cushion the impact of being dropped.
- It comes with a convenient pouch to help keep it safe when not in use.
- The NT520 is compact and easy to grip while in use.
- The screen protector not only keeps the screen safe and scratch-free, it also makes the screen easier to read without glare.
- The scanner has labeled buttons that are easy to read, and make the NT520 easy to navigate.
- The large, 2.8-inch screen is easy to see and comes in full color, making it easy to use and diagnose your car with.
- The NT520 was designed to work with BMWs, so it easily connects to most BMW models.
- The NT520 can also be upgraded to work with many other makes and models of vehicles. These makes include VW, Hyundai, Honda, Chrysler, Mini, GM, Jaguar, Audi, Acura,, Lexus, Land Rover and Toyota.
- The scanner draws power directly from the vehicle -- no battery or app is required to run. This makes it much easier to set up and use.
- Comes with USB cable, software CD and memory card to allow you to connect to a computer for additional features and updates.
- Lifetime software updates mean you’re always up to speed on the latest diagnostic tools and codes.
- Works with most BMW models, and updates can be found online whenever needed.
- Can be updates to work with up to five different makes at a time -- and those makes can be switched in and out as needed.
- Compatible with both OBD1 and OBD2 vehicles.
- Can read and report on live data measurements.
- Can read and clear diagnostic information and codes from all major vehicular systems including the airbag, engine, ABS, SAS, DISA, powertrain and transmission.
- Supports all ten OBD2 test modes.
- Also handles more advanced functions. These include brake deactivation, DPF regeneration, control service interval reset, battery registration and throttle body adjustment -- as well as several others.
Manufacturer's site: http://www.foxwelltech.com/
User's manual: Click Here
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes and models does the FOXWELL NT520 work on?
It was made for BMWs, but can also work on many, including VW, Hyundai, Honda, Chrysler, Mini, GM, Jaguar, Audi, Acura,, Lexus, Land Rover and Toyota
Does this reset the airbag light?
Does it come with internal batteries?
Can it link to a Mac computer?
What versions of windows is this compatible with?
XP, ME, 7, 8, 10
Does it program keys?
Can this device can program the addition of cruise control?
Can this device be used to change speed limiter value?
The NT520 is cheaper than some of the other scanners out there, but that isn’t because it isn’t as advanced.
The smaller, more compact design makes it easier to use, but you still get all the basic and advanced features you would expect from a Foxwell brand scanner.
Free upgrades for life and the ability to add or delete makes give you versatility, allowing you to get your money’s worth!